Submarine Electric Hand Lamp Siebe Gorman C L
- Weight aprox: 5 Kg
- Total size: 14 cm x 23 cm x 12 cm
- Patent Self – contained
- From 1930 (aprox.)
Submarine Electric Hand Lamp for Divers
This lamp which is quite self-contained gives a good light, such as is found useful in well work or in examining dock walls, ships' bottoms, propellers, etc. The lamp burns continuously for about seven hours on one charge.
A watertight switch enables the diver to turn the light on and off as required. Fitted with Dry Batteries or with Accumulators. Dry Batteries, when exhausted, are thrown away; accumulators can be recharged.
Code Word: "Batla" (Dry battery type)
Code Word: "Accul" (Accumulator type).
- Manufacture: Siebe Gorman
- Country: England
- Year: 1930
- Dimensions: 6 inches wide x 5 inches deep x 8 inches high
- Weight in air: 11.5 lbs
- Method of operation: Switched on by diver
- One or two hand: One
- Power source: Dry battery or accumulator battery
- Depth rating: Diver's depth
- Duration: Up to 6 or 7 hours when fully charged
- Range: 4-6 feet
- Catalogue code: BATLA
- Accumulator type: Dry cell type
- Price when new: £17 /10 shillings