|Submarine Electric Hand Lamp Siebe Gorman C L
- Weight aprox: 5 Kg
- Total size: 14 cm x 23 cm x 12 cm
- Patent Self – contained
- From 1930 (aprox.)
Submarine Electric Hand Lamp for Divers
This lamp which is quite self-contained gives a good light, such as is found useful in well work or in examining dock walls, ships' bottoms, propellers, etc. The lamp burns continuously for about seven hours on one charge.
A watertight switch enables the diver to turn the light on and off as required. Fitted with Dry Batteries or with Accumulators. Dry Batteries, when exhausted, are thrown away; accumulators can be recharged.
Code Word: "Batla" (Dry battery type)
Code Word: "Accul" (Accumulator type).
- Manufacture: Siebe Gorman
- Country: England
- Year: 1930
- Dimensions: 6 inches wide x 5 inches deep x 8 inches high
- Weight in air: 11.5 lbs
- Method of operation: Switched on by diver
- One or two hand: One
- Power source: Dry battery or accumulator battery
- Depth rating: Diver's depth
- Duration: Up to 6 or 7 hours when fully charged
- Range: 4-6 feet
- Catalogue code: BATLA
- Accumulator type: Dry cell type
- Price when new: £17 /10 shillings
(Extract from Siebe Gorman cat. Everything for submarine operations.)
I only buy pieces or change/sell the pieces published on my website with the tag "CHANGE - FOR SALE".
If you have some things to offer or to change, we can speak about the price and in the case of change, we pay the price difference by cash. I’m a spanish collector of classic diving helmets, boots, knives, etc. Don't hesitance to contact us if you have some item to offer.